HAPPY RELEASE DAY! The Bear of Rosethorn Ring is HERE!
I’m still waiting for the paperback version to waddle through Amazon’s complex review system, but I will share the link to the physical book once I get notified of its going live on Amazon.
HOWEVER, if you can’t wait for the paperback, and need to read it NOW, you can click HERE to purchase your Kindle ebook and begin reading in mere seconds. Internet and technology are great like that.
In case you missed it the first time — LINK TO THE BEAR OF ROSETHORN RING ON KINDLE.
And don’t forget — books one and two of the series are currently FREE so you can snag half of the series without paying a cent. But you won’t want to wait on that since Spindle Dreams is only free through midnight TONIGHT. The Rose and the Balloon, however, will be free through Friday.
AND I’m hosting a giveaway for two lucky winners to receive an ebook of their choice. *nods* Yeah, we’re partying hard this week.
Anyway, it’s time to get down to the purpose of this post, and that is a tag. And not just any tag — it’s a SNOW WHITE AND ROSE RED TAG. Because let’s face it — SWRR definitely needs more love. Just *how* many retellings do we have of this fantastic sister story? Not many. If you say “Snow White” in most company, the response you’ll get is, “Oh, with the seven dwarves?”
*facepalm* Yes, we like that Snow White, too, but that’s NOT what we’re talking about. Snow White and Rose Red were the awesome sister-duo before Disney tried to steal that stage with Frozen.
So what do you need to know before we jump into the tag?
- Copy the tag questions and answer them for yourself in your own blog post.
- Link back to this post, pleaseandthankyou.
- Include the tag graphic somewhere in your post.
- Share the link to your answers in a comment on this post so I can read your answers!
If you don’t have a blog, or don’t feel like putting together a whole post for the tag, feel free to copy the questions and answer them below in a comment!
- What’s your favorite fairytale? If you can’t whittle it down to one, give us a list!
- What’s your favorite fairytale retelling? Or retellings, since most of us have more than one?
- When were you first introduced to the fairytale Snow White and Rose Red?
- If you awoke one day, cursed and lumbering around as a bear, what would be the first thing you’d do? Do you know why you’re cursed?
- Snow White and Rose Red kept a pet lamb. What would your ideal fairytale pet be?
- If you were to have a color-based name like Snow White or Rose Red, what would your name be — and why?
- Snow White and Rose Red’s mother planted two rosebushes in front of their cottage, one with white roses and one with red roses. Would you plant roses in front of your house, or perhaps another plant? Why?
- A stranger knocks on your door during a blizzard, begging for shelter. Do you let him in?
- Would you rather have your hair (or beard) caught in a tree, in a fishing line, or in an eagle’s talons?
- The dwarf offers his treasures to keep himself from being eaten by a bear. What would you offer the bear to discourage him from eating you?
And that’s it; I hope this tag was a lot of fun! I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers!
Don’t forget to grab your Kindle ebook so you can start reading The Bear of Rosethorn Ring today! Will this be the very first SWRR retelling you’ve ever read? Let me know below!
Just one last thing to note before I sign off… other posts today you won’t want to miss!
April 6th Blog Tour Stops
- Author Interview & Book Review @ Madi’s Musings
- Looking Ahead at the Twist Tales (Guest Post) @ Virtual Paper
- Book Review @ E. Kaiser Writes
(I will update with direct links once the posts are live.)